Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on March 14, 2019.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- 6 hr 20 min
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- PAMELA G. MALKOFF HAYES, MFT, ATR-BC
- PESI Inc.
- 3/14/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Explore art therapy directives to immediately implement into therapy practice to help children regulate their emotions and behavior.
- Consider the ethical implications and clinical limitations of using selected art therapy in clinical practice.
- Determine the stages of a child's normative development, and identify the indicators suggesting a need for additional clinical support.
- Summarize the benefits of utilizing an art therapy approach in assessment, diagnosis, and clinical treatment of mental health disorders.
- Develop a plan for introducing art into clinical practice for treatment resistant and challenging children and families.
- Determine the neurobiological implications of using art therapy among clients with various diagnoses.
Clinical Application of Art Therapy
- Which clients benefit from art therapy?
- Ethical implications and limitations of using art therapy in your practice
- Creating products vs creative process
- Go with the flow
Creative Techniques and Strategies to …
Build Relationships & Connection
- What materials to use and when
- Normative development in art making and developmental stages
- Indicators in the artwork that suggest a child needs more support
- Seeing it differently (client perspective)
- Art talk, they made it now what?
- For ASD, Trauma & ODD
- Quality world
- Magical thinking
- About me collage
- Play building
- Collaborative drawings
- Group activities
- Family art making
- For Trauma, Anxiety & Mood Disorders
- Containers, containers, containers … boxes, circles, worry and calm down jars
- Create a safe place
- Color it in
- Special person
- A gift
- Hurt heart
- Animal family & other family art activities
- Trauma feelings
- Coming and going
- 3 wishes
- For ADHD, Anxiety & Mood disorders
- Inside out
- Mask making
- Strong person
- Power animals
- Tree drawings
- Yeahs & yucks
- Self portraits
- Beading, knitting, weaving, sewing, rainbow loom
- For ADHD, Trauma, ASD, ODD, Anxiety & Mood disorders
- Miracle question
- Create the problem
- The science experiment
- A really bad day
- An ideal day
- Feeling faces
- Cartooning problems & solutions
- For ADHD, Anxiety & Mood disorders, Trauma
- Change the channel
- Chill out boxes
- Brain dump
- Blow it out
- Spray it away
- On the other hand
- Feelings volcano
- Sensory play: finger painting, paper folding, dripping, goop & more
- Mindful mandalas
- Scribble scrabble
- Imaginary problem solver
- Road drawing
PAMELA G. MALKOFF HAYES, MFT, ATR-BC
Pamela Malkoff Hayes, MFT, ART-BC is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) in the state of California and a Registered and Board Certified Art Therapist with the American Art Therapy Association (AATA). Her specialties include: alcohol and drug addictions, relationship and parenting, depression and anxiety, grief, LGBTQ, gender identity and sexuality. She is also a court certified Sexual Abuse Evaluator and trained in Hypnotherapy, Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) and Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT).
Ms. Hays has a Bachelors Degree in fine arts from Parsons School of Design in New York, NY and Otis/Parsons in Los Angeles, CA and a Graduate Degree in marriage and family therapy and art therapy from The Notre Dame de Namur University in Belmont, CA.
Over the course of her 25 + year career she has worked in schools, hospitals, prison, foster, and residential care, and private practice. Ms. Malkoff Hayes lives in Los Angeles where she has a private practice and provides art therapy groups to multiple drug treatment centers. She is a noted speaker and educator, lecturing throughout the United States. She has taught art therapy courses at Phillips Graduate University, Rhode Island School of Design (RISD), and Chicago School for Professional Psychology. She has written several books and produced several DVDs and online classes on art therapy. She stars in the video podcast, “3 Minute Art Therapy”, and was recently featured on “The Science of Happiness/SoulPancake” as the expert art therapist.
Financial: Pamela Malkoff Hayes is in private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Pamela Malkoff Hayes has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Social Workers
- Case Managers
- School Psychologists
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- School Counselors
- Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Creative Arts Therapists
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI Rehab, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.