includes free shipping
Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on March 28, 2019.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- 6 hr 20 min
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- MEGAN REAVIS, MBA, BS, COTA/L
- PESI Rehab
- 3/28/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Examine practical application of integrating company policies in accordance with the most recent government regulations.
- Maximize time by documenting in a clear and concise manner.
- Distinguish the importance of correct supportive documentation as part of the overall claim review.
- Complete a case study review to form smart goals and daily notes that capture medical necessity.
- Demonstrate a deeper understanding of the various types of definitions in determining skilled therapy services.
- Evaluate documentation samples to learn how to minimize denials going forward.
Documentation And Medical Necessity
Evaluations, Need & Reimbursement
- Medicare A and the upcoming changes around SNFs and home health
- Medicare B and outpatient reimbursement
- Managed care
- ACOs/ bundled payments and the shift therapy deliver
Critical Terminology: What It Means To Your Documentation
- Reasons for evaluation and how to justify medical necessity
- Prior level of function and what key components to include
- Co-morbidities/Complexities and how they will impact reimbursement
- Goal writing and what to add to make it measurable
- Determining medical necessity
- Rehab terminology that must be included in your daily documentation
- Skilled vs. unskilled terminology
Coding and Diagnoses
- Case study: Break down the components of the treatment plan
- Pitfalls to avoid
- Drop-down menus are not your friend
- If you didn’t write it, it didn’t happen
- CPT codes and what will get you paid
- Avoiding “Red Flag” codes and why they are denying them
- Diagnoses that won’t get you paid
- Understanding RAC, MAC, ADR, denials, and ZPIC audits
- Reasons for denials: Top 10 reasons we are not getting paid
- Quality assurance audits used to decrease unpaid claims
MEGAN REAVIS, MBA, BS, COTA/L
Megan Reavis, MBA, BS, COTA/L, has worked primarily in the geriatric setting for the past 20 years, as a clinician and in management roles, including work as a Rehab Director and Area Director. Megan is a national educator and has written and taught continuing education courses to rehab audiences around the country on a variety of clinical, documentation and reimbursement topics that draw from her areas of expertise. Additionally, Megan has worked as a consultant for Outpatient PT companies and Skilled Nursing Facilities to maximize outcomes and reimbursement, perform auditing and manage denials.
Financial: Megan Reavis has an employment relationship with Orchestrall, Inc. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Megan Reavis has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Occupational Therapists
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapy Assistants
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Nursing Home Administrators
- Billing/Finance Department Staff
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI Rehab, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.