includes free shipping
Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on March 29, 2019.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- 6 hr 20 min
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- JONATHAN S. HENDERSON, PT, DPT, C/NDT
- PESI Rehab
- 3/29/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Discuss most common types of strokes and impairments seen.
- Analyze effective evaluation and assessment techniques and implement clinical data into treatment plans.
- Identify common limitations of treatment interventions vs. less appropriate interventions.
- Describe key factors when choosing task-specific goals for each patient based on impairments.
- Apply a functional, hands-on approach to rehabilitating stroke survivors.
- Determine importance of clinical documentation and proper goal setting to meet reimbursement criteria for third-party payers.
BRAIN ANATOMY AND CEREBROVASCULAR ACCIDENT
COMMON IMPAIRMENTS AND TREATMENTS
- Prevalence of stroke
- Types of stroke
- Anatomy and cerebral blood flow
RECOVERY AFTER A STROKE
- Sensory and coordination
- Visual changes
- Synergies and motor recovery
- Weakness and reflexes
- Muscle tone and flaccidity
- Perception and cognition
- Postural control and balance
FUNCTIONAL OUTCOME MEASURES
- Motor recovery
- Movement deficits
- Atypical movement
- Compensatory movements
GOAL SETTING AND DOCUMENTATION
- Functional Independence Measure (FIM)
- Berg Balance Scale
- Timed Up and Go
- Keeping patient’s goals in mind
- Key terms to maximize reimbursement
- Showing patients progress through documentation
- Importance of frequency, intensity, type and time
- Motor function strategies
- Constraint Induced Movement Therapy
- Task-specific training
- Upper and lower extremities
- Gait and balance training
- Technological advances
- Clinical reasoning
- Postural control
- Balance training
- Handling to facilitate motor function/ response
- Handling to inhibit undesired responses
- Gait training
- Task-specific training
JONATHAN S. HENDERSON, PT, DPT, C/NDT
Jonathan Henderson, PT, DPT, C/NDT, is the owner of a private practice near Memphis, TN focusing on outpatient neurologic and orthopedic physical therapy. He brings a unique clinical eye to treating patients with neurological deficits based on his experience in both the acute care and the inpatient rehab setting. Dr. Henderson received his DPT from Alabama State University and his BS from Christian Brothers University. He is a certified NDT therapist specializing in stroke and brain injury rehab. He is also a Credentialed Clinical Instructor (CCI) where he has served as a CCCE and director of a physical therapist assistant program. He is an active member of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), Neurodevelopmental Treatment Association (NDA), and the American Academy of Physical Therapy. (AAPT).
Financial: Jonathan Henderson is owner of Bartlett NeuroRehab Physical Therapy. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Jonathan Henderson is a member of the American Academy of Physical Therapy; the American Physical Therapy Association; and the Neuro Development Treatment Association.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI Rehab, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.