Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on September 20, 2019.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- MARK HUSLIG, PT, MHA
- PESI Rehab
- 9/20/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Examine how to transition to outpatient total joint replacements and the economics, protocols, and payment challenges you face.
- Classify the impact of technology in total LE joint arthroplasties on how you treat your patient.
- Design a plan of care in the face of comorbidity dangers to avoid readmission or lapse in recovery time.
- Analyze the restrictions for return to sports in hip and knee arthroplasty.
- Classify how reimbursement works for total joint arthroplasty under bundled payment initiatives.
- Utilize ways to avoid hip instability and limb length discrepancy after total hip arthroplasty.
- Apply new strategies for managing problematic stiff knee replacement.
NAVIGATING LOWER EXTREMITY ARTHOPLASTY AND COMPLEX CARE
KNEE ARTHROPLASTY: WHY NOT ALL TOTAL KNEES ARE SURGICLALY BALANCED
HIP ARTHROPLASTY: HOW TO AOVID DEFICITS AFTER THA
- Manage extensor mechanism complication
- Manage the stiff knee
- Etiology of post-op extension and flexion deficits
- Unicompartmental knee arthroplasty (UKA) outcomes
- Long fixation components for valgus stress knee replacements
- Muscle activation patterns during walking and associations with TKA tibial implant migration
- CPM (Continuous Passive Motion) and implications under bundled payments
- Use of cryoneurolysis in multimodal pain management protocol
- Psychological comorbidity factors associated with non-compliance
- Restriction for return to sport
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BUNDLE PAYMENTS
- Direct anterior approach’s effect on readmissions rates
- Reversible thalamic atrophy
- Avoid hip instability and limb length discrepancy
- Gait asymmetry
- Spinal instrumentation and impact on hip dislocation
- THA patients with fixed spinopelvic alignment from standing to sitting at higher risk
- Lumbar fusion involving the sacrum increases dislocation risk 8-fold
- Effects of piriformis tendon repair failure
- Electormyographic analysis implications
- Effects on gluteus medius and gluteus maximus
- Restriction for return to sport
POTENTIAL PAYOFF FROM BUNDLING
- Breaking down Bundled Payments for Care Improvement initiative (BPCI) and Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CCJR)
- Breaking down Medicare’s role in value-based reimbursement
- Is your area of the country in the selected Metropolitan Statistical Areas outlined by Medicare?
- How your regional location affects the cost variation in Medicare spending for total joint replacements?
- Impact on post-acute care practice settings
KEYS TO IMPROVE PATIENT OUTCOMES
- How to case cost analysis in bundled payments
- What’s the relationship of implant cost to total surgical case cost?
- Latest on performance benchmarking
- Why hospital quality scores matter
- How to create orthopedic physician report cards
- What is allowed by Medicare in gain-sharing with hospitals
- Minimize narcotic use with patients
- The latest news in how CMS will pay for post-acute rehab services
- The role of tele-rehab in total joint cases
- Tools used in risk stratifying patients prior to surgery
- Quality tools and templates
- What outcome reporting does Medicare require
- The American Joint Replacement Registry data to improve outcomes
- How to influence hospitals into collaborating and gain-sharing
- Medicare waivers under the bundled payment programs
- Beneficiary rights
MARK HUSLIG, PT, MHA
Mark Huslig, PT, MHA, is the administrative director for Mercy Central Region of Therapy Services. Mercy Health system ranks among the top five in Truven Health Analytics and is a medical destination site for total joint arthroplasty. Mr. Huslig has more than 30 years of experience in the management of occupational, physical, and speech therapy, and is a certified ASTYM provider. He is an expert in Medicare and Medicaid regulations, specifically on issues related to payment reform initiatives. Mr. Huslig has successfully integrated at-risk payment methodologies contracting into rehabilitative services. He is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association and section member for Health and Policy, Orthopedics and Private Practice, along with serving as adjunct faculty for Missouri State University’s Occupational Therapy Program.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Rehab Managers
- Case Managers
- Nursing Home Administrators
- Skilled Nursing Facility Administrators
- Home Health Agency Administrators and Managers
- Rehab Nurses
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI Rehab, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.