Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on September 26, 2019.
- DVD Video - 2-4 hours Instructions
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- RON TORRANCE
- PESI Rehab
- 9/26/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Demonstrate the current evidence for regenerative medicine and prevalence in industry.
- Identify contents of platelet rich plasma and stem cells, as well as key differences in each.
- Assess when regenerative medicine is the best option and when surgical intervention is necessary.
What You Need to Know Now
Best Practices for Therapy Pre- and Post-Procedure
- Origins of regenerative medicine
- Who is leading today’s research?
- The good, the bad and the ugly
- Improve the healing environment with growth factors
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) and Blood-Based Products
- Identifying candidates
- Injuries that respond rapidly to treatment
- SANS Evaluation– stability, articulation, neuromuscular, symmetry
- Science behind the theory
- Differences in PRP that affect outcomes
- Alpha 2 Macroglobulin, Exosomes, and the future
What’s Coming in the Pipeline?
- The battle behind stem cells
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSC): adipose, bone marrow
- Why other “stem cells” aren’t actually stem cells
- Increasing local repair response
- Other complimentary techniques that enhance recovery
- Finding the right provider
- Current regulations
- Support in self-funded insurance market
Ron Torrance, D.O. is a sports medicine-trained physician at Regenexx Tampa Bay and partner at CrossFit Love out of Philadelphia and partner/CMO at Love Health, which specializes in personalized medicine and physical medicine and rehabilitation. Dr. Torrance is board-certified in family medicine and sports medicine. He is on the ACOFP’s Health Expo Committee, New Physician Committee and Public Health and Wellness Committee and has publications on topics including: concussion and laterally-based ankle pain. His concussion journal article was selected “Attending Paper of the Year.” Additionally, Dr. Torrance recently published a book entitled Exercise 2.0: Optimizing Performance Throughout the Lifespan that was an Amazon Best Seller.
He teaches musculoskeletal ultrasound through the Interventional Orthopedic Foundation and is a founding member of the Kresser Institute’s ADAPT Training Program for Clinicians.
Financial: Ron Torrance is partner at CrossFit Love; and Love Health. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Ron Torrance has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapy Assistants
- Primary Care Physicians
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI Rehab, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.