Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on October 4, 2019.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- JASON HANDSCHUMACHER, PT, DPT, OCS
- PESI Rehab
- 10/4/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Discuss the latest advances in myofascial release and their implications for therapy.
- Review strategies for more quickly identifying the root causes of pain and functional limitations.
- Integrate effective MFR techniques to be used immediately to eliminate pain, restore functional and athletic performance, decompress entrapped nerves, increase range of motion, recover mobility and flexibility, improve tissue glide, loosen tight muscles, and mobilize scar tissue.
- Combine multiple modalities with myofascial release for better results, including taping, IASTM, exercise and self-care.
- Design robust, innovative plans of care for a wide range of diagnoses.
- Demonstrate advanced neuromyofascial manipulation techniques.
HOW RECENT CHANGES ARE RESHAPING MYOFASCIAL RELEASE
HANDS-ON LAB: IMPROVE YOUR ASSESSMENT AND CLINICAL REASONING SKILLS
- Hot topics and innovations in myofascial release
- What myofascial release will look like in 1, 5, and 10 years
- A look ahead at neuromyofascial manipulation
HANDS-ON LAB: EXPAND YOUR MYOFASCIAL RELEASE TOOLBOX
- Get to the root causes of impairments faster with better evaluation techniques for:
- Fascial and joint restrictions
- Muscle tightness, weakness and instability
- Neural tension
- Movement dysfunction
HANDS-ON LAB: INTEGRATE MULTIIPLE MODALITIES FOR BETTER RESULTS
- Practice effective MFR techniques you can use immediately to:
- Eliminate pain
- Restore functional and athletic performance
- Decompress entrapped nerves
- Increase range of motion
- Recover mobility and flexibility
- Improve tissue glide
- Loosen tight muscles
- Mobilize scar tissue
HANDS-ON LAB: DESIGN ROBUST, INNOVATIVE PLANS OF CARE FOR YOUR PATIENTS
- Practice combining myofascial release with:
HANDS-ON LAB: TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL
- Practice comprehensive treatment strategies for specific impairments, including:
- Neck and back pain
- SI Joint and pelvic dysfunction
- Shoulder impingement
- Postural deviations
- Knee and foot problems
- C-section scarring
- Nerve entrapments
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
SAVE YOUR HANDS!
- Master advanced neuromyofascial manipulation techniques:
- Palpatory assessment utilizing proprioception
- Tissue mobility, motility and glide
- Traction and compression
- Skin rolling and rebounding
- Neuromyofascial manipulation grades I-V
- Direct and indirect techniques
CASE STUDIES: PUT KNOWLEDGE TO PRACTICE
- Ergonomic tips and techniques for practitioner self-care
DON’T’ LEAVE MONEY ON THE TABLE!
- Case study 1: MFR for the trunk
- Case study 2: MFR for the upper extremity
- Case study 3: MFR for the lower extremity
- Coding and billing updates for myofascial release
- Justify therapy with the right progress measures
- Avoid denials and audits with these tips
JASON HANDSCHUMACHER, PT, DPT, OCS
Jason Handschumacher, PT, DPT, OCS, is an expert in myofascial release, with over 16 years of clinical experience in some of the top facilities in the country. He practices at a hospital in the Charlotte metropolitan area, serving patients in acute, sub-acute, and outpatient settings. In addition, he sees patients at a clinic within an active adult community.
Dr. Handschumacher travels nationally to present seminars on myofascial release and is known for his dynamic, hands-on teaching style. He has presented research finings for state and national PT associations related to non-operative management of the rotator cuff, injury prevention, and the uses of therapeutic taping. Board-Certified as an Orthopedic Clinical Specialist, Dr. Handschumacher earned his doctorate in physical therapy from Shenandoah University.
Financial: Jason Handschumacher has an employment relationship with Springs Memorial Hospital. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Jason Handschumacher has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Massage Therapists
- Athletic Trainers
- Nurse Practitioners
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI Rehab, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.