Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on October 4, 2019.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- JONATHAN S. HENDERSON, PT, DPT, C/NDT
- PESI Rehab
- 10/4/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Discuss the latest advances in stroke recovery and their implications for therapy.
- Review strategies for identifying the root causes of post-stroke impairments faster.
- Integrate effective interventions that can be used immediately to improve function, multitasking, balance, gait, strength, flexibility and mobility.
- Combine multiple interventions more effectively for better results, including dual task interventions, NDT, constraintinduced movement therapy, balance and gait training, exercise, and functional activities.
- Design effective, innovative plans of care for a wide range of neurological impairments.
- Apply the assessments and interventions discussed in this seminar to a series of interactive case scenarios.
Hot Topics and Innovations in Stroke Rehabilitation
Upgrade Your Assessment and Clinical Reasoning Skills
- How your patients can benefit from cutting edge research
Revolutionize Your Rehab Toolbox
- Today’s best evaluations for:
- Sensory and coordination
- Visual changes
- Synergies and motor recovery
- Weakness and reflexes
- Muscle tone and flaccidity
- Perception and cognition
- Postural control
- Gait, balance and coordination
- Hands-on Lab
Combine Techniques More effectively for Better Outcomes
- Effective techniques you can use immediately to:
- Ignite neuroplasticity for breakthrough results
- Restore functional strength more quickly
- Enhance function and multi-tasking ability
- Reduce spasticity
- Restore limb use
- Resolve impairments from a more functional, person-centered perspective
- Improve transfers with less strain
- Prevent falls with effective gait training
- Improve strength, balance and coordination
- Design a more effective home program
- Intensify therapy safely and effectively
- Re-engage difficult or depressed patients
- Hand-on Lab
Design Advanced, Innovative Plans of Care for Your Patients
- Practice integrating:
- Constraint-induced movement therapy
- Task-specific training
- Dual task interventions
- Neuro-developmental Treatment (NDT)
- Neuro-handling techniques
- Balance and gait training
- Postural control
- PNF (proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation)
- Functional activities
- Therapeutic exercise
- Technological advances
- Neuroplasticity-building interventions
- Hands-on Lab
Case Studies: Put Knowledge to Practice
- Comprehensive treatment strategies for specific impairments, including:
- Pusher syndrome
- Gait and mobility
- Decreased sensation
- Reduced flexibility
- Muscular weakness
- Hand-on Lab
Don’t Leave the Money on the Table!
- Case study 1: Correctly select the root cause of impairment
- Case study 2: Apply advanced gait training and multitasking techniques
- Case study 3: Re-engage a difficult or depressed patient
- Case study 4: Overcome barriers to effective strategy implementation
- Case study 5: Adjust your plan of care for technological advances
- Coding and billing updates
- Justify therapy with the right progress measures
- Avoid denials and audits with these tips
JONATHAN S. HENDERSON, PT, DPT, C/NDT
Jonathan Henderson, PT, DPT, C/NDT, is an expert in stroke rehabilitation, who brings a unique clinical eye to treating patients with neurological deficits, honed from his experience in both acute care and inpatient rehab settings. He maintains a busy outpatient clinical practice in Memphis, TN, which focuses on providing neurological and orthopedic care to older adults and is a Credentialed Clinical Instructor (CCI) and has served as Director of the Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Concorde Career College.
Dr. Henderson travels nationally to present seminars on stroke rehabilitation, and he is known for his dynamic, hands-on teaching style. He earned his Doctor of Physical Therapy from Alabama State University, and he is also certified in Neuro-Developmental Treatment with a focus on stroke and brain injury rehab. He is an active member of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), Neurodevelopmental Treatment Association (NDTA), and the American Academy of Physical Therapy (AAPT).
Financial: Jonathan Henderson is owner of Bartlett NeuroRehab Physical Therapy. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Jonathan Henderson is a member of the American Academy of Physical Therapy; the American Physical Therapy Association; and the Neuro Development Treatment Association.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Therapy Directors
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI Rehab, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.