Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on October 4, 2019.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- JAMEY GORDON, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS
- PESI Rehab
- 10/4/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Identify the latest advances in running rehabilitation and their implications for therapy
- Outline strategies for more quickly identifying the root causes of pain and functional limitations
- Integrate effective interventions that can be used immediately to eliminate pain, restore function, and improve running performance
- Combine multiple modalities effectively for better results, including joint and soft tissue mobilization, stretching and strengthening techniques, orthotics, functional movement assessment, exercise, and patient education
- Design advanced, innovative plans of care for a wide range of running impairments and performance enhancement goals
- Apply the assessments and interventions discussed in this seminar to a series of interactive case scenarios
HOT TOPICS AND INNOVATIONS IN RUNNER’S HEALTH
HANDS-ON LAB: UPGRADE YOUR ASSESSMENT AND CLINICAL REASONING SKILLS
- How cutting edge research is helping patients cross the finish line
HANDS-ON LAB: REVOLUTIONIZE YOUR REHAB TOOLBOX FOR RUNNING PATIENTS
- Get to the root cause of impairments faster with better evaluation techniques for:
- Foot, knee, shin, hip, and back pain
- Movement dysfunction
- Fascial and joint restrictions
- Muscle tightness and weakness
- Balance, stability and mobility
- Nerve entrapments
HANDS-ON LAB: COMBINE MULTIPLE TECHNIQUES MORE EFFECTIVELY FOR BETTER RESULTS
- Practice today’s most effective techniques to:
- Correct and enhance movement
- Eliminate pain
- Loosen tight muscles
- Decompress entrapped nerves
- Reduce reinjury
- Boost speed, power and endurance
- Enhance balance, coordination, stability and mobility
- Improve patient buy-in
HANDS-ON LAB: DESIGN ADVANCED TREATMENT AND PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENT PLANS FOR YOUR PATIENTS
- Practice integrating:
- Joint mobilization
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Stretching and strengthening techniques
- Functional movement assessment and targeted corrections
- Home exercise prescription
- Patient education
CASE STUDIES: PUT KNOWLEDGE TO PRACTICE
- Develop effective, innovative strategies for specific impairments, including:
- Foot and heel impairments
- Plantar fasciitis
- Heel and foot pronation
- Tibial torsion
- Tight heel cords
- Knee and thigh impairments
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
- Stress fractures
- Shin splints
- Iliotibial band friction syndrome
- Tight/strained calves
- Tight/strained hamstrings
- Femoral acetabular impingement
- Genu varum (bow legging)
- Limb length discrepancy
- Hip and back impairments
- Mechanical imbalance
- Pelvic imbalance
- Spinal curvature
- Degenerative disk
- Sacroiliac dysfunctions
- Age-related degeneration
DON’T LEAVE MONEY ON THE TABLE!
- Case study 1: Correctly select the root cause of impairment
- Case study 2: Identify and correct complex movement dysfunction
- Case study 3: Evaluate and treat hip pain during running
- Case study 4: Design an advanced treatment strategy and training plan for a high level athlete
- Case study 5: Improve athletic performance and power output
- Case study 6: Overcome barriers to effective strategy implementation
- Coding and billing updates for runner’s rehab
- Justify therapy with the right progress measures
- Avoid denials and audits with these tips
JAMEY GORDON, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS
Jamey Gordon, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS, is an expert in sports rehabilitation with over 20 years of experience guiding athletes to peak performance. Passionate about helping clients reach their full potential, he has worked with a host of professional athletes in the MLB, NFL, NBA, and Olympic levels, as well as thousands of youth, high school, collegiate, and recreational athletes. He serves as the director of athletic development at Pro X, where he oversees all rehabilitation, speed, strength, and agility training, and skill development activities.
Dr. Gordon travels nationally to present seminars on athletic development and sport rehabilitation, and he is known for his dynamic, hands-on teaching style. In addition, he serves as a fellowship mentor and clinical instructor for the physical therapy program at Washington University in St. Louis, his alma mater for both his master’s and Doctoral degrees.
Financial: Jamey Gordon is the Director of Athletic Development at Pro X. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Jamey Gordon has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Athletic Trainers
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists
- Exercise Physiologists
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI Rehab, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.