- Digital Seminar
- Downloadable/Streaming MP4 Video and MP3 Audio with electronic manual and instructions.
- ED LE CARA, DC, PH.D., MBA, ATC, CSCS
- PESI Inc.
- CE Available:
- No, CE credit is not available
- Product Code:
- Examine the benefits of blood flow restriction (BFR) training.
- Identify indications and contraindications for BFR training.
- Demonstrate safe and effective placement of BFR cuffs.
- Compare various uses of BFR on the spectrum of rehabilitation and performance.
- Analyze the utility of BFR in the rehabilitation setting.
- Develop a training program for a potential patient or client.
Implications for Clinical Settings
Differences in Stimulus: The Various Tools of BFR
- Physiological mechanisms
- Effects on strength, hypertrophy, and cardiovascular function
- Arterial vs venous occlusion
- Mechanical vs metabolic hypertrophy
- Current evidence in research
- Broader implications
- Avoid muscle loss after surgery
- Lower intensity effort that results in improvement
What Are the Magic Numbers?
- Occlusion applications
- Compression wraps and BFR bands
- Cuffs and tourniquet systems
- Application zones
- Modifiable Variables
- Load vs Reps vs Occlusion
- Compression scale
- Relative vs absolute pressure
- Limb circumference and occlusive pressure
Treating Your Patients
- Considerations for exercise stimulus
- Upper extremity exercises
- Lower extremity exercises
- Elderly and post-surgery
- Healthy and athletic populations
- Increasing aerobic capacity
- Which diagnoses respond best to treatment?
- Atrophy, sarcopenia
- Limitations, safety, and contraindications
ED LE CARA, DC, PH.D., MBA, ATC, CSCS
Dr. Le Cara, has been helping individuals overcome pain and return to activity for over 20 years. With an extensive work history and educational background, he combines his experience as an Army Medic, Strength & Conditioning Specialist, Chiropractor and Researcher to provide the most evidence-based and effective treatment programming. Engulfed in ways to improve patient outcomes, he stays on top of the current trends in rehabilitation thru research and education of other providers. With a keen interest in strength and conditioning, blood flow restriction training has been at the top of his studies for the past three years. His love for rehabilitation came about when he tore three ligaments in his knee while wrestling in college. After his athletic trainer, strength coach and chiropractor helped him quickly and effectively return to the mat, he knew he wanted to commit his life to helping others return to activities they love. He currently resides in Dallas, TX and treats patients out of his multi-disciplinary clinic, body Lounge Park Cities. In addition, he teaches evidence-based sports medicine therapy internationally and consults with many health and fitness companies on programming, education and bringing high quality products to market.
Financial: Edward Le Cara is the owner of Body Lounge Park Cities. He is the director of education for Smart Tools Plus. He is a professor at Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions. Dr. Le Cara receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Edward Le Cara has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Credit is not available for this product.
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapy Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Athletic Trainers
- Strength and Conditioning Coaches
- Personal Trainers
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI Rehab, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.