Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on April 24, 2020.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- JODY CARL "J.C." ANDERSEN, PHD, ATC, PT, SCS, FMSC
- PESI Rehab
- 4/24/2020 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Explain the latest advances in hip, groin, and thigh rehab and their implications for your patients.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive assessment, identifying and differentiating causes of disability and impairment.
- Integrate exercise dosing guidelines into therapy plans to improve performance in functional daily life activities.
- Combine multiple approaches for better outcomes, including exercise dosing, resistance, mobilization, balance training, and other techniques.
- Evaluate real-world applications for a wide range of hip, groin, and thigh diagnoses.
- Apply the assessments and interventions discussed in this seminar to a series of interactive case studies.
Hot Topics and Innovations
Confidently Identify the Root Cause of Impairment
- Practical applications of the latest research
- Getting the neurophysiological benefits of manual therapy
- How to improve exercise dosing and prescription
- New guidance on surgical vs non-surgical options
- Updates in return to activity/sport testing
- Today’s top tech
- SERF strap
- Handheld dynamometers
- Textured balance boards
- Theraband CLX
Upgrade Your Therapy Toolbox
- Review anatomical structures and hip mechanics
- Master a comprehensive framework for evaluating symptoms, including:
- Clicking, popping, and snapping
- Reduced strength
- Balance deficits
- Impaired work/sports performance
- Decreased sitting tolerance
- Impaired stair ascent/descent
- Hands-on lab
Combine Multiple Interventions More Effectively for Better Outcomes
- Innovative interventions you can use immediately to:
- Eliminate pain
- Improve balance
- Build muscular strength and performance
- Increase neuromuscular control
- Enhance functional mobility
- Reduce fear of movement or pain
- Boost ability to self-manage symptoms
- Hands-on lab
Real-World Applications for Common Diagnoses and Conditions
- Synergistic strategies for effectively integrating:
- Isometric and eccentric resistance training
- Joint mobilization
- Mobilization with movement
- Pain education
- Balance training
- External vs. internal focused movement tasks
- High value exercises for
- Muscle performance
- Neuromuscular control
- Hands-on lab
Design Powerful Solutions Using Your New Skills
- Hip osteoarthritis
- Femoral acetabular impingement
- Acetabular labral tear
- Adductor strain/tendinopathy
- Osteitis pubis
- Greater trochanteric pain syndrome
- Gluteal tendinopathy
- Iliopsoas strain/tendinopathy
- Trochanteric bursitis
- Proximal hamstring tendinopathy
- Sports hernia
- Hands-on lab
Maximize Your Reimbursement
- Case scenario: Correctly identify the root cause of impairment
- Case scenario: Problem solve a complex hip impairment and develop an effective treatment plan
- Case scenario: Revise a standard plan of care for an older patient
- Case scenario: Overcome barriers to effective strategy implementation
- Coding and billing updates
- Justify therapy with the right goals and progress measures
- Avoid denials and audits with these tips
JODY CARL "J.C." ANDERSEN, PHD, ATC, PT, SCS, FMSC
J.C. Andersen, Ph.D., ATC, PT, SCS, FMSC, is an expert in orthopedic rehabilitation with over 33 years of clinical and teaching experience in athletic training and physical therapy. His work has been published in numerous journals, and he directs the University of Tampa’s Athletic Training program, where he continues to see patients.
Dr. Andersen is an international speaker on pain and musculoskeletal injury, and he is known for his ability to break down cutting-edge research into practical, everyday applications. He earned his doctorate in biomedical sciences from Ohio University, his master’s in physical therapy from Texas Women’s University, and his bachelor’s in athletic training from Minnesota State Mankato. He is also a Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Sports Physical Therapy from the ABPTS, a Registered International Sports Physical Therapist, and is Level I certified in Functional Movement Screening.
Financial: JC Andersen is the director of the Athletic Training Program at the University of Tampa. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: JC Andersen is a member of the National Athletic Trainers’ Association; the American Physical Therapy Association; and the International Association for the Study of Pain.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Athletic Trainers
- Rehab Nurses
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI Rehab, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.