This purchase is for online CE Test only
- Additional Participant CE Test
- SANDRA STALEMO, OTR/L
- PESI Inc.
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Identify the latest advances in vision therapy.
- Develop a comprehensive assessment framework, identifying the root causes of vision impairments and related functional deficits.
- Discuss how vision integrates with cognition for higher level tasks.
- Demonstrate the most effective interventions available for managing vision impairments, restoring function, and improving safety.
- Determine which treatment techniques will benefit your patient.
- Explain how to progress the difficulty and integrate functional tasks.
- Outline interdisciplinary strategies that combine multiple interventions for better outcomes.
- Evaluate real-world applications for common diagnoses and conditions.
- Apply the assessments and interventions discussed in this seminar to a series of interactive case scenarios.
- Create appropriate functional goals and progress measures.
- Compare cost-effective tools for vision therapy.
- Review the keys to developing a successful vision therapy program.
HOT TOPICS AND INNOVATIONS
CONFIDENTLY IDENTIFY THE ROOT CAUSE OF VISION IMPAIRMENT
- Current concepts in visual rehabilitation
- Practical applications of the latest research
- Today’s top tech
- Bioness BITS
- Innovative apps
UPGRADE YOUR VISION THERAPY TOOLBOX
- Discover a comprehensive framework for evaluating symptoms, including:
- Mobility, gait, and posture problems
- Falls, dizziness, and balance issues
- Poor coordination/executive function
- Ocular-motor deficits
- Visual processing deficits
- Post trauma vision syndrome
- Cranial nerve palsies
- Blurred or double vision
- Difficulty maintaining visual attention to task
- Limited depth perception
- Poor compensation for field cut
- Motion sensitivity
- Hands-on lab
COMBINE MULTIPLE INTERVENTIONS MORE EFFECTIVELY FOR BETTER OUTCOMES
- Innovative interventions you can use immediately to:
- Prevent falls, dizziness, and motion sensitivity
- Address mobility, posture, and gait problems
- Improve near/far focusing for reading, written communication, and close work
- Promote visual motor coordination and visual processing
- Restore functional independence, self-care, and performance of ADLs
- Boost scanning skills for locating objects
- Increase attention to neglected side
- Expand visual fields and compensate for field cuts
- Enhance depth perception and peripheral awareness
- Reduce headaches, eye strain, and double vision
- Decrease agitation and photophobia
- Hands-on lab
REAL-WORLD APPLICATIONS FOR COMMON DIAGNOSES AND CONDITIONS
- Synergistic strategies for effectively integrating:
- Functional compensation strategies
- Ocular motor drills
- Spot patching
- Prism adaptation
- Visual accommodations
- Visual field scanning
- Binocular vision exercises
- Hands-on Lab
DESIGN SOLUTIONS USING YOUR NEW VISION THERAPY SKILLS
- Neurological impairments
- Traumatic brain injury
- Multiple sclerosis
- Brain tumor
- Low vision
- Vision loss and blindness
- Macular degeneration
- Contrast sensitivity
- Visual hallucinations
- Hands-on lab
DEVELOP A THRIVING VISION THERAPY PROGRAM
- Case scenario: Correctly identify the root cause of impairment
- Case scenario: Problem solve a complex vision impairment and develop an effective treatment plan
- Case scenario: Identify vision impairments that can cause behavioral problems
- Case scenario: Revise a standard plan of care for a stroke survivor
- Case scenario: Overcome barriers to effective strategy implementation
MAXIMIZE YOUR REIMBURSEMENT
- Core components of an effective vision therapy program
- Cost effective tools to use during initial setup
- Moderate expense and capital budget items to add to your program
- Keys to generating vision therapy referrals
- Coding and billing updates for vision therapy
- Justify therapy with the right goals and progress measures
- Avoid denials and audits with these tips
SANDRA STALEMO, OTR/L
Sandra Stalemo, OTR/L, is an expert in vision therapy with over 37 years of experience guiding patients with vision and neurological impairments toward functional independence in a variety of outpatient and inpatient therapy settings.
Ms. Stalemo developed a passion for vision therapy after witnessing firsthand its impact on her daughter, who has been diagnosed with binocular vision disorder. In the years since then, Ms. Stalemo has trained and worked closely with neuro-optometrists to bridge the gap between diagnosis and treatment in functional settings, and she went on to develop a leading vision rehabilitation program at Sanford Health. She is now a national speaker on vision and neurological rehabilitation topics, known for her ability to break down complex concepts into practical, everyday solutions.
Financial: Sandra Stalemo receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Sandra Stalemo has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
Save time and $10 off the price of other submission methods – purchase & take the CE test online for $29.99 USD per participant. Additional processing fees apply for other submission methods (i.e. mail, fax, etc.). Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
Listed below are the continuing education credit(s) currently available for this non-interactive self-study package. Please note, your state licensing board dictates whether self study is an acceptable form of continuing education. Please refer to your state rules and regulations.
Certificates of Successful Completion are available for email, download and/or printing from your online account immediately following the successful completion of the post-test/evaluation.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapy Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI Rehab, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.