- Digital Seminar
- Downloadable/Streaming MP4 Video and MP3 Audio with electronic manual and instructions.
- JOSEPH LAVACCA, PT, DPT, OCS, CFSC, FMS, FMT-C, FRCMS, SFMA
- PESI Rehab
- CE Available:
- No, CE credit is not available
- Product Code:
- Evaluate chronic pain as an emotional experience and assess the implications for behavior in our patients.
- Investigate the impacts of placebo and nocebo effects on physiology and mindset.
- Conduct effective assessments by utilizing specific questions to better guide treatment strategies.
- Implement mind-body practices into current rehabilitation to improve functional outcomes with patients.
- Utilize progression and regression exercise strategies to meet patients where they are while still achieving objective goals.
- Determine optimal exercise and behavior dosing strategies to achieve your goals in improving strength, endurance, and mobility in patients.
Challenging the Definition of Pain
Moving Pain Out of the Forefront
- The concept of “wellness”
- Mind-body approach
- Evaluating pain as an emotion
- Are emotions in our conscious control?
Reframing Pain as an Emotion
- Impacts of placebo and nocebo
- Effects on physiology and mindset
- Therapeutic bias - rituals and meanings in medicine
Building Therapeutic Alliance: Better Communication, Better Results
- Interoception and re-framing pain
- Theory of constructed emotion
- Top-down and bottom-up processing
- Behavioral implications
- Importance of the internal self
The Key to Change: Valence and Exercise Prescription
- Guide to assessment and treatment strategies
- Questions you need to ask
- 30-90 seconds to better inform your treatment plan
- Empathy vs compassion
- 7 body wisdom principles
Improve Strength, Endurance and Mobility
- Keywords analysis – red flags
- Impact of word choice on patient outcomes
- Body budgets
- Reinforce positive behavior
- Exercise selection and prescription
- Flexibility vs mobility vs stability
- Interactive slow charts for exercise selection
- Simplicity for progression and regression strategies
JOSEPH LAVACCA, PT, DPT, OCS, CFSC, FMS, FMT-C, FRCMS, SFMA
Joseph Lavacca, PT, DPT, OCS, CFSC, FMS, FMT-C, SFMA, is an experienced outpatient orthopedic clinician who graduated from Sacred Heart University with his bachelor of Exercise Science Degree in 2008, and his Doctorate of Physical Therapy in 2010. He also has certifications in movement screens for both the FMS and SFMA, Functional Strength Coaching, as well as Fascial Movement Taping and Performance Movement Techniques through RockTape. Dr. LaVacca is an Orthopedic Clinical Specialist and has experience in Maitland-Based Manual Treatments, Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization, Kinesiology Taping, and movement assessment/performance screening. He is a nationwide speaker and frequently teaches healthcare practitioners about Kinesiology Taping and Movement Assessment Principles.
Financial: Joseph Lavacca is the owner of Strength in Motion Physical Therapy. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Joseph Lavacca has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Credit is not available for this product.
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Athletic Trainers
- Strength and Conditioning Specialists
- Exercise Physiologists
- Massage Therapists
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI Rehab, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.