Now Available For Preorder
- DVD Video - 4+ hours
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- PATRICIA D ISIS, PH.D., LMHC, ATR-BC, ATCS
- PESI Inc.
- 2/16/2018 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Apply therapeutic art directives and immediately implement into your therapy practice to help children, teens, adults and families regulate their emotions and behaviors.
- Analyze the ethical implications and your scope of practice when selecting therapeutic artmaking approaches.
- Assess the stages of children’s normative development, and warning signs suggesting a possibility for additional clinical support.
- Implement the use of simple and economic art materials; what to use and when, so you can feel immediately confident using art in your practice.
- Prepare a plan for introducing art into clinical practice for treatment-resistant and challenging children and families.
- Playfully practice the creative process via interactive hands-on therapeutic art-making experiences.
ART THERAPY VS. THERAPEUTIC ART MAKING
When to utilize therapeutic art making vs referring to an art therapist
CLINICAL APPLICATION OF THERAPEUTIC ART MAKING
How to make art well with clients
- Ethical implications and scope of practice
- Process of creating vs. outcome
CREATIVE TECHNIQUES AND STRATEGIES TO:
- Media selection
- Developmental stages manifested in artmaking
- Warning signs in artwork
- Positive perspectives
Build Relationships to Self
For ASD, Trauma, ODD, ADD
- For Trauma, Anxiety & Mood Disorders
- Safe place art
- Stressors vs. calmers
- Mindful doodling
- Worry dolls
Improve Relationships to Others
For ASD, Mood Disorders, ADD
- Name designs
- Me/not me/ideal me collage
- Self object
- Landscape of my life
- I Am…
For ADHD, Anxiety & Mood disorders
- Collaborative drawings
- Mural making
- Circle of commonalities
- Group activities
- Family art making
Increase Control & Commitment Skills
For ADHD, Anxiety & Mood disorders, Trauma
- Inside out boxes
- Aluminum foil sculptures
- Positive puppets
- Empathy masks
- Worry dolls
- Follow directions drawing
- Crossroads doodle
- Resilience doodle
- Wellness time line
- Letters of appreciation
PATRICIA D ISIS, PH.D., LMHC, ATR-BC, ATCS
Dr. Patricia Isis, holds a Ph.D. in the expressive therapies with an emphasis on art therapy and is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Board Certified and Registered Art Therapist and certified mindful self-compassion teacher. She provides art therapy services in the public schools and maintains a private practice. Dr. Isis is the author of The Mindful Doodle Book: 75 Creative Exercises to Help You Stay in the Moment, which will teach you how to utilize mindful doodling as a clinical tool for multiple populations, approaches and settings.
She is the founding president of the Florida Art Therapy Association. In addition, Dr. Isis served as secretary on the Art Therapy Credential Board and later as a director on the Board of the American Art Therapy Association. Furthermore, Dr. Isis is currently on the nominating committee for the Art Therapy Credentials Board and maintains active membership in the American Art Therapy Association, American Counseling Association, The Society for Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama, and the Association for Death Education and Counseling. Dr. Isis is a popular presenter internationally, nationally, and locally.
Dr. Isis also facilitates mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR), mindful self-compassion (MSC) classes, and mindfulness trainings. She received training in MBSR with Jon Kabat-Zinn and Saki Santorelli in June of 2000.
Financial: Patricia Isis is in private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Patricia Isis has no relevant nonfinancial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
Counselors, Teachers/Educators, Paramedics, EMTs, Exercise Physiologists, Marriage & Family Therapists, Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants, Psychologists, Social Workers, Speech-Language Pathologists and other Mental Health Professionals
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI Rehab, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260,