includes free shipping
Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on January 25, 2019.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- 6 hr 20 min
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- JOHN TAYLOR, PHD
- PESI Inc.
- 1/25/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Use at least 5 clinical interventions to reduce attention-seeking misbehavior in clients.
- Demonstrate at least 4 diagnostic interview strategies to address resistance within clients as evidenced by statements such as “I don’t care” and “I don’t know”.
- Implement at least 5 intervention methods to reduce power-displaying misbehavior in clients.
- Identify at least 6 clinical strategies to address hostility and aggressiveness to improve regulation.
- Communicate the benefits of using encouragement to replace punishing or attacking in developing conscience.
- Develop a plan for incorporating clinical methods to control anger and resist temptation.
Uncover Misbehavior’s Hidden Motives
Use High-Impact Interviewing
- The 5 “needs” that drive all misbehavior
- 15 maladaptive ways teens guard against feeling hurt
- 14 keys to stop misbehavior
Improve Social Skills and Self-control
- Respond effectively to “I don’t know”, “It’s not my fault”, and “I don’t care”
- 10 dynamite probes to unearth hidden motives
- Reduce defensiveness and build trust
Resolve Attention-seeking and Power-displaying behavior
- Bolster temptation resistance
- Sharpen decision-making and problem-solving
- Upgrade apology skills
- Impart healthy handling of anger
Resolve Malicious Misbehavior
- Effective strategies for “You can’t make me!”
- 16 techniques for the bossy teen
- 10 tools for “notice me more”
Resolve Irresponsible and Self-destructive Misbehavior
- Teach important insights about revenge
- Prevent bullying and threats
- Decrease vandalism
- 9 answers for the “look tough, act tough” teen
Adapt Your Intervention to Each Client
- 30 answers for “I can’t do it” cop-outs
- Rebuild self-confidence
- Strengthen stress coping skills
Help Teachers and Parents
- Recognize the limitations of every approach
- The client’s unique perspective is pivotal
- Determine how the child perceives the world/people/self
- Interpret the child’s actions as an attempt to express autonomy and belonging
- Stay out of “ignore-nag-yell-punish” cycles
- Develop conscience without punishing or attacking
- Refine empathy skills
- Sidestep power struggles
- Improve cooperation with chores and routines
- Reduce sibling rivalry and improve family dynamics
JOHN TAYLOR, PHD
John F. Taylor, Ph.D., is a leading innovator and highly regarded authority on child discipline from the Adlerian perspective, derived from the observations and strategies of the renowned psychiatrist, Alfred Adler. A frequent consultant to school districts and social agencies, Dr. Taylor is a psychotherapist and family psychologist who has spent over 30 years focusing on diagnosis and treatment for stressed families and behaviorally and academically at-risk children, teens and adults. The author and producer of over 200 journal articles, booklets, videos, newspaper columns, and producer of over 200 journal articles, booklets, videos, newspaper columns, CDs, audiotapes and books in the field of mental health, he is Director of Add-Plus, an information and resource provider for Attention Deficit Disorder and related conditions.
Dr. Taylor has been a guest on nationally broadcast interview shows and has been listed in three different "Who's Who" directories. Considered well respected, compilations of Adlerian techniques are three of his fourteen books: Person To Person: Awareness Techniques of John Taylor and Virginia Satir; From Defiance to Cooperation; and Understanding Misbehavior. His numerous resources for mental health professionals, school personnel, teachers and parents are available from his website, www.add-plus.com.
Financial: John F. Taylor is founder and president of ADD Plus. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: John F. Taylor has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Social Workers
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Probation Officers
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Other Helping Professionals that work with children
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI Rehab, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.