What We Do:
At PESI we reach millions of professionals daily, offering them advanced training so that they can help others to achieve hope and healing. Our work has a deeper purpose; one that contributes to improving the quality of life of others. Our mission is to connect knowledge with need; we help clinicians, in the mental health and healthcare fields, throughout the world expand their knowledge through delivering innovative and cutting-edge training that helps them to improve the outcomes of their clients’ lives.
How We Do It:
Our people create our success: We listen and we learn, and we strive to meet or exceed the expectations of our customers, associates and vendors.
We go direct and assume competence: We expect open, honest and ethical relationships both internally and externally.
We encourage you to be an entrepreneur: Our associates view their position or area as if it were their own business, and make decisions accordingly.
We aim for innovation and creativity: Continuous improvement and falling forward is what facilitates our ability to meet our mission of connecting knowledge with need
Overview the Business Development Team:
The business development team is a group of strategic thinkers who create and market dynamic continuing education seminars and courses. This team focuses on identifying and evaluating topics for mental health, healthcare and rehab professionals that are both relevant and exciting for professionals to attend. Additionally, this team builds relationships with expert speakers, trainers, and authors in the fields of psychotherapy and healthcare, assisting them in the design of seminars and online courses, developing clear marketing strategies and compelling sales copy; while collaborating with a small, close-knit team. This is a team of experience business-minded professionals with whom you will grow and expand your knowledge by collaboration and innovation.
What You Will Be Doing: (responsibilities)
• Identify the latest trends, techniques, approaches, topics, and voices in the field psychotherapy, healthcare and rehabilitation that are most relevant to professionals
• Turn those ideas into compelling seminars, courses, and training programs that professionals will find useful and want to attend
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with new and existing presenters
• Create data-driven direct mail and digital marketing campaigns through writing compelling sales copy and determining the most pertinent target audience
• Maintain a robust knowledge of the field of psychotherapy and healthcare
• Analyze effectiveness of marketing strategies and align future campaigns with current data and trends.
• Work both independently and collaboratively by creating goals for yourself, meeting deadlines, and communicating ideas clearly to team members
What You Bring to the Team: (skills and requirements)
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• 3-5 years’ experience in one or more areas marketing, new business development, product
• development or business ownership
• Budgeting, analysis and negotiation skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Willingness to take risks
• Evening/weekend calls/emails when emergencies might arise with speakers and travel issues
• Flexibility to be self-motivated but also excel in a team environment
• A keen entrepreneurial drive
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with great attention to detail
• Excellent problem solving skills in a challenging and fast paced environment
• Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency in Microsoft applications
• Some travel required, up to 15%
What Would Thrill Us:
• Entrepreneurial background
• Content marketing training/experience
• Experience with continuing education boards or trainings
• Training, work experience or license in the psychotherapy or healthcare field
What Else You Should Know About Us:
We are an organization that loves to play the game of business and we are unapologetically driven and dedicated to creating world-class educational solutions for our customers. By doing so, we get to help people around the world find comfort and healing.
Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States following an offer of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PESI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Share this job posting with your friends. https://www.pesi.com/careers/3697/business-development-manager