Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on June 5, 2019.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- PESI Rehab
- 6/5/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Determine the 20 most common drugs that your dental patient may be taking with interactions and contraindications, including marijuana, new anticoagulants, new weight loss pills and nutritional supplements.
- Evaluate clinically proven new and modern pain management principles and strategies mandated by the FDA and the CDC concerning opioids.
- Analyze the dentist and hygienists role in understanding new resistant dental pathogens and new antibiotic regimens in the era of multi-drug resistant infections.
- Assess new evidence concerning antibiotic prophylaxis regimens for your patients, and how this will affect you medical/legally.
- Point out malpractice issues with prescribing opioids, antibiotics, and combinations of meds.
- Integrate updated Customizable Opioid Informed Consent Forms and new updated Drug History Forms into your practice to satisfy government mandates and prevent malpractice claims.
- Specify new anticoagulants, weight loss medications and nutritional supplements that your patients may be taking.
Drug/Drug Interactions To Look Out For With Existing Patient Medications
New Multimodal Clinical Pain Management Strategies:
- Herbal Supplements
- BP Medications
- Blood Thinners
- Cholesterol Medications
- Thyroid Medications
- Anti-Diabetic Medications
- Weight Loss Medications
- Immunosuppression Medications
What Are Opioids
- Advanced Evidence-Based Pain Management Principles to Lessen the Need for Opioids
- Pharmacology, Adverse Reactions, & Contraindications of OTC Analgesics & Opioids
- Aspirin, Ibuprofen, and Naproxen – (Non-NSAID Acetaminophen)
What Is New In The Last Five Years?
- Opioid Analgesics/Opioid Receptors/Opioid Metabolism
- Indications, Dosage, Precautions, Pharmacologic Effects & Adverse Reactions for:
- History of the Opioid Epidemic – it is NOT what you think…
- The NEW Benzodiazepine Epidemic
There Is A New Standard Of Care For Dental Infections
- Opioids and the ADA, FDA, CDC & Media
- New Malpractice Implications of Dental Opioid Prescriptions, FEAR the Lawyers!
- Signs and Symptoms of Opioid Disorder – Opioid Abuse, Addiction & Antagonists
- The Potential New Criminal Implications of Dental Opioid Prescriptions, Its Real!
- Microbial Culture & Sensitivity Testing of Difficult Infections
- How to Bill with Dental Codes and Where to Send Culture Samples
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Dental Hygienists
- Dental Assistants
- Dental Office Managers
- Pharmacy Technicians
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI Rehab, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.